|RMA waiting time explained|
Here is a short summary of all that went right and wrong in the process:
Day 0: my first message
Here is the essence of my message to their customer services:
- My card is not working
- I followed your FAQ and it did not help
- The serial number is ...
- Here is a copy of the receipt from Amazon.de
- Can you please help me?
Day 2: Sandisk's answer
I'm impressed, 36h later I got an answer:
- We're sorry (...)
- Is your product refurbished?
- How was your product packaged at the time of purchase?
- Could you please send us your details?
Day 2: answering Sandisk's questions
Day 2: Sandisk: OK you may return the microsd
Day 4: I'm sending the card back to Sandisk
Ok... I lost two days here. I'm just not going every day to the post office to send registered/signed for mail.
Day 6: the card arrives to Sandisk
|The registered letter I sent|
(according to the track & trace of my registered letter)
Day 10: Sandisk confirms the reception
Ok this is a little long just to acknowledge the reception of my letter.
Day 11: replacement is sent
That was fast ! Just one day ! It was sent with UPS (supposedly a much better courier than the postal service) and I got the tracking number. (6/11)
Day 17: still no sign from UPS and nothing in my mailbox...
Day 18: two UPS slips in my mailbox (?)
This is incredible: on the evening of day 17 I had nothing in my mailbox. On day 18 I have two notes saying they came on day 17 and 18 and that both times I was absent. Their track&trace website says the same.
It is true that I was not home at the time UPS came by on day 17 and 18. I would however like UPS to explain why:
- I received both slips on the same day
- It took them 7 days to bring me my parcel (while it took two days for the postal service)
Day 18: I'm not taking any chances...
On the evening of day 18, I'm not taking any chances. If the courier comes a 'third time' (read 'second) time'), I will have to collect it at their warehouse. I'm therefore asking them to deliver it at work were there is always somebody to collect and sign for it.
Day 20: The new sdcard is in my hands
It took a while but I eventually got it... :-)
- Thumbs up for Sandisk: One week for processing my request (5 workdays + week-end)
- Thumbs up for the European postal services: Two days to bring a letter from Belgium to Czech Republic
- UPS service is terrible:
- 7 days to send a letter from Czech republic to Belgium
- Did they really come twice to my place? Both slips were received on the same day